Sunday, October 7, 2007

Back again

We're all exhausted after five days in Gulf Shores, Alabama and two days in the car to get home.

To summarize: We spent a lot of time beach combing for good shells. We went crab hunting at night with flashlights (not for eating.. just enjoyment). We ate a lot of good food including a huge birthday cake that I bought myself. We played a lot of card and board games. We settled disputes between three four year old girls. We didn't sleep nearly enough. I got to spend some quality time with a sister in law that I barely know after eight years. I got schooled in how to shop for good children's clothes to resell.

My Sil took me to the outlet mall and I learned all about the good brand names that resell really well. Strasburg and Kitestrings were two that we went into and I went into a bit of sticker shock.

But today we stopped for lunch at a place that just happened to be nearby a Goodwill. With my new name brand knowledge I combed the racks for good stuff. I did find a little Kitestrings jacket for my girl and a brand new Ralph Lauren snow suit for the little guy.

Oh well. I'm tired and I've got much to unpack. Tomorrow we renter the world of work and school again. I'll post up some pictures later.

Good to be back. Night all.

1 comment:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Welcome back to home sweet home!

Google