Friday, September 28, 2007

Car trip planning for kids



I've been assembling bags of small toys, snacks/candies and dvds for our long car trip.

For my big girl who loves to keep busy and who is starting the "Are we there yet?" whines I put together some stuff in an old folder to keep her occupied.


I stapled together some old scrap paper for a doodling pad. I found a notepad on clearance at Target that came with tiny markers for .50. I added some of her old baby animal magazines, a small book, and a magazine insert from Nick Jr. magazine that has a shell identification chart for some more diversion. If that doesn't work I'll blow up the whoopie cushion and see how long I can take the extended gross noise.
Last year I ordered a stuffed animal/storage lap desk that I didn't end up giving her (I overbought for Christmas and her birthday). This seems like a good time to get that out. It already has a coloring book and crayons included.

The little guy is getting a ziplock bag full of small toys collected from the bottom of the toy bin. And a pacifier.

2 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Don't forge the pacifier - love that line! This was a very smart compilation!

Stephanie Appleton said...

sounds like some good stuff to keep them busy! Hope you are having a wonderful vacations!

Google