Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering...

The shock is gone and a bitter acceptance (for lack of a better word) has taken it's place.


I did not know anyone who was killed or injured in 9/11. I am lucky I guess but my heart still aches for those were personally touched by it. It is not ok and it will never be ok. I still feel tinges of that heart breaking sadness and the bright surge of anger that accompanies this hate driven tragedy.

Just yesterday when I was watching the part in Elizabeth town where the main character visits the Survivors tree in Oklahoma City I was surprised how easily overtaken I was by sobs.... just remembering the picture of the man carrying the dead little girl.
Everyone who remembers these tragedies carries it with them and the sting is not forgotten.

We still remember. It still matters.

No comments:

Google