Thursday, September 13, 2007

No free Christmas here.



Baby boy's first Santa lap.



Christmas Extravaganza at Grandma's (my Mom's) house.



My Mom making Christmas cookies with my munchkins. They were yummy!


Yes, it's not Halloween yet and here I am talking about Christmas. I think about Christmas all year long.
Since I've been an adult who was buying their own presents to give I try to plan and shop ahead to save money. Sometimes this ends up in me over buying because I've forgotten what I purchased already. Sometimes it works out great because I avoid the last minute crowded store rush which I despise.

I just ordered a 50 dollar (I spent 40$) KB Toys gift certificate from my Discover card cash back earnings. Earlier today I saw my Entertainment Guide had a KB Toys coupon in it. So, I though combining my coupon and my gift card I could purchase toys without spending a penny. Wrong.
The coupons start at spending 75$. I should have done my homework.

Last year we noticed that was a definite lack of enthusiasm after opening the third gift. I don't want to overdo it again this year. (Reminder: tell Grandma maximum of two presents per child).

So, if I want to get presents for my two children and their two cousins I will have to really stretch a buck at KB Toys. I think I can do it.
I have a few presents socked away already.

Any of you readers out there know of any great and fairly inexpensive presents for a 4 year old girl or a 2 year old boy? I'd prefer something at least slightly educational.

2 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

We use Discover's cash back too - isn't it great? I wish i could offer you some good toy advice but we're not at that age yet. all i know is you can't go wrong with puzzles!!

Ruthie said...

A few years ago we got some nice children's books and coloring books at the Dollar Store.

The Tightwad Gazette has lots of children's gift ideas.

Legos, logs, and wooden building blocks are always good

Children's craft sets are neat, too.

Google