Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Blogging my shame.

My husband says I have to tell you that I've been buying stuff. I feel like I should be standing at a podium: "Hi, my name is Jenny and I'm a spendthrift. It's been two hours since I last shopped."

So, here I come clean with my spendthriftedness.

Let this be a lesson for you all if you decide to embark on a hiatus. Get yourself a plan. And then have a back up plan. Learn from my foolishness (hangs head in shame).

Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart. And I paid full price for double stuffed Oreos. I don't even really like Oreos. And I bypassed the generic ones. And I bought a door mat that I didn't need for 2.50.
What was I thinking?


Today I bought my daughter those white mary janes shoes. And since it was a BOGO half off sale I bought my son a pair too.

Then I stopped by Family Dollar and bought some wooden popsicle sticks (for making more banana pops), a set of pajamas for my son (which we didn't really need but they have a really cool bug print on them), and a big pumpkin spice candle that was marked down to a dollar.

And I ended the spree by going through the car wash (again... I love the car wash!) and going through the McDonalds drive thru for the much wanted (my daughter has been asking all week) Happy Meal sans burger patty.

You may be asking why I don't use the wash it yourself car wash.

Well, I have children with me all the time and I can't very well leave them in the car in the summer with the windows rolled up and wash the car. For a nanosecond I thought about leaving the car windows down while my son slept and saving three dollars by washing it myself (and yes, I have washed my car, rinsed and waxed in two minutes before). Then I realized (smacks head) that I'd get my upholstery all wet. And while my son and my interior could both use a bath I thought it might be a mean way to wake him up from his nap.


I think that covers all of my wallety transgressions.

On a fun note... I picked up my application for a passport today. If hubby gets the ok on his business trip to Rome next February I am going with him! Yippee.

---A Tightwad Goes to Italy--- I can't wait.

3 comments:

jonceramic said...

Of course, dear, while you set a limit for yourself, and stuck to it for a few days, I didn't. And, I'm still planning on buying some stuff I've been wanting for a while that's completely useless. (Oh, and those Oreo's were delicious and felt like completely fake food. The creme is kinda scary! Like eating shaving cream or something.)

Unknown said...

Hi-
Your comment about going to Italy jumped out at me. I used to work for passport services and you should knw that they are experiencing EXTREME backlogs. If you think you want a passport for February, APPLY NOW. If you do not have a previous passport to submit, double check that your birth certificate is the actual certified piece of paper from the vital records office (not a copy, even with a notary seal)and you have a valid driver's license issued at least one year ago.
I hope you do get to go on the trip.You should have a great time.

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Thanks Rachel,

I sent off my application today and paid the hefty expedite fee too. Now all I have to do is learn some Italian.... "Where's the bathroom?" "Do you take coupons?" etc.

Google