Monday, April 30, 2007

Monday Pick me up.

Weekend Recap:

We didn't get as much done as I'd hoped.
I got out of bed at six on Saturday while everyone was still snoozing and snuck off to a garage sale. Garage sale pet peeve of mine... non-priced merchandise. I don't always feel like haggling. I just want to know what something is priced so that I can move on or at least know where I can start to haggle.
It was a fund raising garage sale for a boy scout troop so there was lots of good stuff. I came away with a rug that I'd been wanting for the kid's play room. It was the kind with roads and houses that you can roll mini cars on. I've priced them before and I wasn't about to spend 50 dollars for a new one. I found one that was in pretty good shape and offered 3 dollars for it.
And I picked out one shirt for my daughter that was in good shape. It was a quarter. So, I think it was worth my time even if it was frustrating.

After a late breakfast of homemade doughnuts (cheap Aldi biscuits fried and rolled in sugar/cinnamon), orange slices and scrambled eggs, I was finally able to get my sleepy headed family out of the door. We ate lunch out at Casa Gallardo. It was good but there was no coupon and it's always annoying to think about how much cheaper you could have eaten at home. Then we ran through a Goodwill and I picked out a pair of overalls for the baby for winter. They were on sale for .50.
And for a special treat hubby took us all to see 'Night at the Museum' at the cheap theater. It was nine dollars for tickets for all of us. But, of course my daughter is a little spoiled and we don't go to the theater often so I bought her a small popcorn (no soda, I couldn't justify the expense) when she asked for it. If I had known we would be going to a movie later I would have prepacked my bag with snacks and drinks.
I enjoyed the movie a lot. And the baby and four year old were pretty well behaved.
Then, as we were leaving the theater baby decides to puke up the entire contents of his stomach (he'd just had a full bottle) over his daddy's shoulder. We're talking projectile all over the lobby theater carpet, my shoes and Daddy's shirt. Poor guys.
So, my little sweetie was sick for the next few hours and threw up again after his next bottle. And he had a little fever.
And my sweet husband had to drive home shirtless (he was so embarrassed). I'm glad he was the one puked on instead of me though. I don't think I could drive home in my bra.

I though our plans for driving to my mom's house (an hour and half away) were foiled with the baby being sick, but, my mother didn't care. She just wanted to see her grandkids -and- have my husband fix her computer.
We were there all day long. Turns out that she needed a new router and I was once again reminded that I don't want to get a windows machine.

But, we didn't come away from Grandma's empty handed. She's gotten into the habit of buying extra peanut butter and spaghetti sauce when it's on a cherry picking sale (.99). There are no cherry picking deals in St. Louis is seems. So, I came home with three jars of Kroger peanut butter, a shirt for my 4 year old and two shirts for my baby. She can't resist buying my children clothes and I guess since they are her only grandchildren that makes sense.

I have a ton of chores to do and nowhere to go today so I guess I'd better get started.

No comments:

Google