Monday, April 23, 2007

Every Little Bit

It's back to our weekly grind after a long relaxing weekend where we didn't really get much done. Got the truck fixed after a radiator hose broke. It needs to be sold before insurance is due and inspections are due. It's wasting money when we don't need it. Three cars is excessive.
I took my four year old for a developmental screening. She's ahead in most everything except writing her name which is a frustration because she isn't ready to really learn how to write. She's resistant.
My Mom and Dad came up for a visit so we were able to put up some much needed curtains in the downstairs toy room/office (dining room). They look really good. I bought them on clearance at Wal-Mart for 4.50 a panel. The rod was 8 bucks at Big Lots. So, I got a nice window treatment for 17.00. Not too bad for someone who can't sew.
The next room I want to tackle (decorate)is my son's. I have an old wooden rod with attached screw nobs that we've moved from house to house. It's bright blue. So, I need to have hubby cut it down and I bought a can of apple green spray paint to cover the ugly blue. Baby's room is a nice creamy yellow. I think it will look nice. I have a bunch of baby room valances so I don't know what I will go with... 70's Winnie the Pooh, A pastel yellow and green with mice, Noah's Ark.. and I can make one too with fabric glue and a scrap of baby fabric that I grabbed out of the clearance bin at Wal-Mart.
And I bought some Dinosaur wall stickers to put on his wall too. They are going to be really cute.
Today at Wal-mart I also picked up a set of ten free digital prints. The coupon was from a box of pop tarts a year ago and I nagged Hubby to get them done on the expiration date. So, now I have some pictures of the kids birthday parties to put in my cheapie scrapbook.. whenever I get the time.
I also picked out a lampshape to replace the broken one on a nice lamp my Mom gave me in our tv room. It wasn't on sale but, it looks nice so I'm keeping it. And in the clearance aisle.. I snatched up an area rug that is really nice for our foyer. It's 3x5 and was on sale for 25 dollars. I've been looking on Freecycle for a nice rug but I never like any of them, they go too fast or they have stains. So, I splurged and I'm pleased with the results.
Oh, and I found a really nice soft long sleeved tee for Baby that has a snowboarding wolf on it. He'll wear it next winter. It was 2 bucks. It was worth it to me since garage sales here are expensive and our local Good Will has almost no good kids clothes.
Then onto the library with the kiddos to pick out videos, books and a book on tape for Hubby. I love the library! Daughter is saving her Muppets Show video to watch with her Daddy.
And since tomorrow is snack day/helper day at preschool we stopped by Aldi to pick up some supplies. We decided on graham crackers, fruit and milk.
I have a ton of laundry to do so I'd better be off. I love doing laundry.
It's one chore I don't dread.
I've been using some All that I bought on super clearance at Target (3.50 for 200 oz's) with a .50 coupon. And Ensueno fabric softener. It's a Mexican brand that I get at Shop N Save. It's 2.09 for a decent sized bottle and has a nice scent. But, I can't find coupons for it.

Oh yeah, I better go do laundry and assemble our bean burritos and tomato slices for dinner. After dinner tonight we're going to K-Mart. Hubby found some stuff in their add this week that he wants to check out. Who am I to stop him from shopping? Besides, I might find something too. K-Mart has really good clearance prices.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Show us some photos when you get a chance : )

Google