Thursday, September 8, 2011

Two Slides Backward- One Slide Forward.

My house got away again.

Toys in the foyer. Shoes everywhere. Kid's school papers scattered. And a hamper full of dirty laundry.

Yesterday I didn't get much accomplished other than an oil change, a car wash, grocery shopping, dirty dish management, one bathroom wipe down and one load of laundry. Oh, and I sorted through the ginormous pile of papers on the kitchen table. That seems like more than it feels or looks like. Oh, and I also took the bag of sliced cinnamon apples that my kids kept turning their noses up to and made an apple oatmeal bread thing. It's a bit dry but if you microwave it and put peanut butter and honey on it. Well, I guess you could say that about anything. "Hey, here's a pile of rotten roadkill. Just put some peanut butter and honey on it and you won't even notice the decay you're biting into." Oops, tangent.
Sigh.

I've got a tote of kid's clothes to take to the consignment. I need to make another tote full of toys to sell. Which means finding decent toys, cleaning them and then finding an empty tote to put them in. And a pile of kid's clothes to sort through for thedup boxes. And I still haven't put away our summer school work books. And I just noticed the splash marks on the upstairs linen closet (why?) that need cleaning. The list is never ending. I guess I'd better quit whining and get started.

No comments:

Google