Friday, February 5, 2010

Where my interest lies

It's not blogging lately. After a month of almost daily blogging about our diet/pantry challenge, I am seriously tired of writing about our boring diet. I'm still pantry cleaning here and there and whittling down the storage. I just don't want to talk about it right now.

Decluttering and straightening is my current goal. I'm cleaning out cabinets that haven't been touched for a year or two. I had a full trash can and a even bigger load of recycling this week. I'm also loading up the back of my car with charity donation items. I am always surprised by how much we don't need and are able to part with. It has definitely been a reason to stay out of the thrift and dollar stores lately. We had over 24 coloring books in our cabinet. Neither one of my children is particularly into coloring in books. I let them each keep a few and the rest are getting donated.

In less than a week we will have company and I want to be ready for their arrival. But this cleaning process is more about having an organized happy home than having a briefly cleaned home. And now I have two loads of laundry waiting for me to fold and put away.
See you when I see you.

No comments:

Google