Thursday, December 11, 2008

Deflation

No, I'm not talking about the economy although my problems certainly have something to do with our previous occupation with crap accumulation.

It's been said a million times- and it bears repeating... just because something is a bargain doesn't mean you need it.

Our appraisal lasted all of five minutes and I've spent the last 48 hours trying to clean around, organize and assemble junk I've amassed- a lot of it bargains I couldn't leave the store without. Bargains that now sit around collecting dust because guilt and the "someday" syndrome have a hold of me.

Time for Flylady again... it's going to take a lot of 27 fling boogies and fifteen minute zone cleanings before my heart doesn't pound at the thought of strangers walking through my house.

But, right now I'm going to go curl up with Little Guy and drink my Pepsi Max.


Of course, Little Guy decided to do his morning "business" two minutes before the appraiser got here and managed to fill the house with that wonderful aroma. It doesn't matter how clean your house is if it smells like a poopy diaper. Why couldn't I have the fresh baked cookies smell instead? Oh well, it's one story for Hubby to chuckle over... best intentions and all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes...Cakes has a knack for filling her pants at the most inopportune moments too.

I hear ya about the stuff! I'm taking two more Rubbermaid tubs, a bed rail, two baby gates, and a huge train layout to the consignment store tomorrow morning. And that's not all I have to take! The rest has to wait until next month, because they have a limit on what you can bring in at one time.

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, that is a tell-tale odor that one really can't hide ... my two in diapers seem to conspire to do that "do" in a public place like say, the line at the grocery. I get to stand all red-faced and glancing around like "no, no. That smell isn't me. Its the baby. honest"

Happy Friday!

Google