Thursday, November 13, 2008

Today's Doings

My Grandma always called parties or get-togethers "doings". As in, "They're having a doing over at the church tonight." She pronounced it "doo-uns" Lord, I miss that woman. ; )

Anyway, I made myself a to-do list for once and still haven't finished it.

There's no school today so I have both kids and Little Guy has been refusing naps (Please, Not Yet!) so it's been fun and yet very stressful to have them both awake the past few days.



I made a plan to leave the house.

We:

Went to the library to return and check out materials.
Went to McD's for food and playland time (I had coupons for free milks and such)
Grocery Shopped at Save-A-Lot since we need milk and I had a $5/25 coupon. (I ended up spending $23 dollars and I bought four barbie dresses (on clearance), some donation food, and a bag of diapers along with my grocery list.. Yay for Save-A-Lot clearance stuff like bananas and bread.)

I also washed and hung a load of laundry to dry in our upstairs. I like doing this so much better because I actually want to put the clothes away if they aren't folded in a basket. Folded clean clothes could sit in a basket for weeks. I just don't see them.

I still need to unload the dishwasher, do my Walgreens rebate and mail it, work on my coupon file, pick up toys, sweep the kitchen, and work on dinner.
We're having a buffet of chips, beans, lettuce, cheese, sauteed veggies and rice in season salt, and fruit salad made from our wilting fruit.

Now I'm going outside to enjoy the nice weather and clean up after the dog. Bet you wish you were me.

1 comment:

K E Fleck said...

Good shopping deals!

Hey, I think we have a little ladybug suit like that one, too :-)

"doo-uns" - aren't grandma's wonderful? I miss mine today, too...

best wishes! -Kara

Google