Monday, September 8, 2008

What's for dinner: Cheese 'burgers' and Tater Tots.

A weekly menu just hasn't been working for me because there are always bits and pieces of leftovers that I need to work in to use things up and our schedule isn't predictable enough.

The best I can do is two days ahead.

Monday- Boca Cheeseburgers and Tater tots. We have bunches of boca patties and cheese slices from our Costco stock up. I found some burger buns and tots in the freezer. Hubby brought in two fresh tomatoes from our garden and we'll have those on our burgers. No muss, no fuss and it's kid friendly. For dessert I have leftover ginger snap bars.

Tuesday- We don't have a lot of time for cooking dinner. We're having leftover pizza that I whipped up Sunday night and whatever side dish I can whip up. Maybe just grapes or applesauce.

Wednesday- If I have no other leftovers or produce to use up, we'll have spaghetti, canned veggies, and garlic bread from the freezer.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I have been planning my menus a week at a time. And it is a big help to know what I "can" cook but I frequently cook something else if the menu plan does not suit my mood or cook something to use up stuff instead, but I always try to keep it low cost.
But having a game plan seems to prevent me from wasting lots of time thinking up something to cook.

we are all different and different things work for each of us.

My goal with menu plans is also to avoid extra trips to the store.

Google