Friday, September 12, 2008

Save some dough- Make Croutons

I almost threw out half a loaf of bread this morning because the top had developed little mold spots. But inspiration struck and instead I cut the top of the bread off where the mold was and chopped the rest into little cubes and put it on a cookie sheet.

I melted a few tablespoons of butter, added seasoning, parmesan cheese and poured it over my pan of cubes. I gave it a good stir and popped it into the oven. 300 degrees- stir at 15 minutes (this is when I sprinkled sesame seeds on it) and then cook for 15 more. Turn off the oven and leave the croutons in there while the oven cools down. My oven is dinging.
Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a good idea. My family doesn't like croutons, so I make bread pudding with bread that's on its last legs.

Google