Monday, May 5, 2008

Endings and Beginnings

The past month has been a whirlwind and a lot of stress. Well, now we're on the other side and things are looking up.

I spent yesterday catching up on laundry, dishes, and bought and planted a handful of vegetables for our small veggie patch. I admit it fully that I hate getting my hands dirty or doing anything 'yard worky'. However, I occasionally put that aside for the sake of a few pretty summer flowers and for the sake of having fresh tomatoes.
We now have three early girl tomato plants, a lemon boy and jet star tomato plant, three green pepper plants, a handful of volunteer pumpkins from last years jack o lantern, an onion that sprouted in my kitchen and became a garden project for Big Girl, and one small pot of mint. It's not a lot but for someone like me who doesn't like dirt it's as much as I can handle. My next and last plan for our yard is to sprinkle some marigold seeds for large bursts of color in our front and back yard. I'll put some in our garden area too because rabbits don't like it and we have a whole warren under our back deck.

Pre-school is rounding up for the year and I'm looking forward to lazy days in the backyard and a few Saturdays of helping my Mom clean out my Grandma's house. I loved my Grandma but clutter is no legacy to leave behind. After I clean out her house I've got to work on my own.

One good thing is that I received my Sister Swap box from Rebecca. It was chock full of goodies that I am so happy to have. It brought a smile on an otherwise yucky day.
That's about all I can say. Our internet connection is still not working at home. I've been kind of in a daze for the last week. I even 'washed' a whole load of whites
with bleach, detergent, and fabric softener and then forgot to put the dirty laundry in. Yeah, out of it!

But, my coupons are clipped and sorted and soon I hope I'll have internet access handy and I can regale you with tales of my shopping glories. Or maybe not. I'm kinda sick of shopping anyway.
That's all for now. I've got to finish up lunch at BK with my best girl.

No comments:

Google