Sunday, April 13, 2008

$30 Grocery Challenge Update

This has been a bad week for keeping up the grocery challenge. Eating out has been such an easy fall back on busy and weary days. I'm still trying to keep it together grocery wise though.

I found a Schnucks gift card in my purse. It was a Christmas gift from Hubby's work. I still have about $16.99 in my grocery envelope too. Schnucks doubles coupons up to .40 cents. I spent some time this morning looking through their add and finding coupons.

2 cans of Popeye Spinach- .88 (.44 a can after doubling coupons)
1 can of Veg-All veggies- .44
2.5 lbs. of green grapes (for preschool)- 4.90 (1.99 a lb.)
Better N Eggs egg product- 1.83 (after coupon)
BOGO Purex Laundry Detergent- 3.99 (for two bottles or 1.99 apiece).

Total after coupons 12.68

I really needed milk but the cheapest milk there was $3.59 a gallon! The eggs were pricey too with the cheapest dozen going for $2.22. The Better N Eggs had a pull off coupon on them or I would have skipped eggs altogether.

I guess I'll be making a trip to Aldi tomorrow to get the cheaper eggs & milk with the $16.99 that's left in my grocery envelope. I really need to find a way to reduce our milk and egg intake even more. I'm even getting low on powdered milk that I use for cooking. I haven't priced it lately to see if the price on it has gone through the roof yet.

No comments:

Google