Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Not buying new hangers- Closet Clean Out.

I'm always short five to ten hangers whenever I put away clothes. It's a bad day when I resort to using my husband's wire luggage hangers. As tempted as I am to just go buy another ten pack of plastic hangers, I refuse.

Instead I'll take another look at what I'm storing in my closet and pull out the things that don't fit, don't make me feel good, or I just never wear. I have to keep in mind the stack of mending that will take up hangers once it's completed. That means we need to get rid of at least ten items of clothing in our closet that are just taking up space. Is it finally time to donate my wedding gown (that I didn't like anyway)? Should I get rid of the renaissance style outfit that I bought for a friends wedding reception? Maybe my husband's old t-shirts that never get worn (but are kept for sentimental reasons) should get a new home somewhere else.

After years of reading Flylady and watching Clean Sweep the decluttering is getting easier but it's still not easy.

I'm going to tackle this mountain tonight after the kids go to bed. I'm actually looking forward to it.

*I'm also storing our sale/storage gifts container and all of my all occasion ribbons, bags and wraps in my closet. Last night I talked with Hubby and he's planning on giving me a "Jenny Corner" in the basement for crafts and gift wrapping. That will clean out a lot of stuff out of our closet.

1 comment:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

A-men to THAT! WHY do I continue to buy hangers and yet I have so many stashed away in far away places? You nailed this.

Google