Thursday, February 14, 2008

Not that I planned it this way but....

I love that Valentine's Day stuff goes on clearance right before my daughter's birthday. Any leftover sprinkles, candies, doilies, tights, toys, and cake mixes get scooped up for a song and used as party favors, Easter basket fillers and other stuff. If you find a generic box of chocolates (like Whitmans) they would make a great Father's day gift.

I bought this dress last year for $2 at Target after Valentine's day. She wore it yesterday to her Valentine's Day party at preschool. She was not in the mood to smile for the camera





Big Girl decorated our brownies with sprinkles I bought for .25 cents last year at Target. The mix was a low-fat Betty Crocker that was on sale for .89 cents at the grocery this morning. The low-fat is a good buy because because it only needs one egg and 1 tbsp. of oil.

**The brownies came out very moist and tasty. Not a hint of anything low fat to them.

2 comments:

Katie Gregg said...

I never thought to bargain hunt after Valentine's Day. Thanks for the tip!

By the way, your daughter looks beautiful, and your cake looks yummy. :)

Audrey said...

I bought the same dress last year at Target. I think it came with matching tights?

Google