Sunday, November 18, 2007

The "I Hate Shopping" Blog

Actually I don't hate shopping when: the stores aren't crowded and/or it's a thrift store/garage sale.
I thought I had gotten up early enough and snuck out to grocery shop and make a trip to Target before the church crowd and everyone else descended on the stores. Not quite early enough.

With my pantry challenge that I have been trying on and off for the past three months, going to the grocery store hasn't been bad. I could skip coupons for the most part because well, produce and milk were the main things I was buying besides generic staples like flour and butter. The week before and the week of Thanksgiving are I'm sure the worst times to go grocery shopping so that wasn't a help. Add the pile of haphazard coupons I had thrown into a used envelope and stuck in my purse and it didn't help matters. But, anyway, I did manage to get everything that I needed for our Thanksgiving meal and our weekly groceries.

Before that though it was the trip to Target to combine stacks of Target/manufacturer coupons together for a good deal on stock up items like tums, laundry powder, toilet paper, and holiday dark chocolate m&ms (well, those were a splurge but for .50 a bag I'll call it good and hope they last until they make it into a holiday cookie).
I also finished my charitable gift shopping for our angel tree gifts. I bought gloves/mittens, socks, and hats for a man, woman, boy, and a girl. In the dollar area I stocked up on a board book, a plush teddy bear and some crayons. I also added a cool larger sized Hot Wheels car and a candy cane filled with tiny playdoh containers.

Then I went to Deal$. Not as good as Dollar Tree but there I bought a cute bean bag baby doll, an outfit for her, and a magic baby bottle. I also found two puzzles and a Mickey Mouse coloring book.
Nothing outlandish or spendy but I chose what I though my own children would like and play with.



And with that ends my Christmas shopping.. other than getting holiday stamps for our Christmas cards. I think I'll even order those over the internet.
I'm glad it's over and I can stick to going to Save-A-Lot and Aldi for my once a week stock up-- because, Man, I really do hate shopping.
My advice to you if you hate shopping this time of year too- Do your shopping online now.

1 comment:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

ENDS your Christmas shopping? Oh how I wish I was you.

Google