Saturday, October 20, 2007

Today's Offerings

Last night hubby and I decided to go out for breakfast to one of our favorite restaurants, First Watch. So, this morning while he showered, I went online to see if I could get a coupon. I signed up for their 'Sun eClub' and immediately received a coupon good for a free entree in my email account. Yippee. I hurried and got the children ready and he was pleasantly surprised to find us all sitting in the car waiting with the coupon printed and ready to go.

The First Watch we went to is right next to a Trader Joes. I had to stop to load up on all of those goodies we love like organic Oh's cereal (1.99 a box), organic tofu (.99), yummy hummus and veggie lunch'meat'. Big girl wanted to get me a bouquet of their cut flowers but I pointed her and her Daddy to a wonderful pot of burnt orange and yellow mums instead.

I tried the really yummy cranberry juice at the sample table and was pleased to find out that little guy likes the tangy zip of cranberry juice too. Good, one more thing I can give him to eat that isn't a cracker or a piece of cheese.
Big girl and her Daddy had fun looking for the Trader Joe's Monkey so she could get a treat from the treasure chest. He was hidden so well that I even had to start looking for him and I pointed him out to another little girl who was starting to look forlorn after her own fruitless search. The monkey was slumped over on top of a huge stack of lasagna noodles on an endcap and hard to spot if you are vertically challenged. I think they hid him really well on purpose. They must go through a lot of treasure box snacks on a busy weekend day.

So, once we got home it was time to put on Big girls Halloween gear and march to the neighborhood Halloween get together. Here is my fairy princess (with brownie besmudged face) in her wagon carriage.

The princess costume was a gift from her aunt last Christmas and the fairy wings I bought a few years ago at a Renaissance Festival. Grandma comes next week with her new witch costume for trick or treating. Anyway, we brought home a few pieces of candy, a few small toys, a small pumpkin and a frosted brownie for Daddy. Unfortunately we didn't win anything at the drawing but we had fun.
I love lazy weekends like this. The weather is breezy and warm like an Indian summer day should be. Hubby is in the backyard chopping up our tall bushes, little guy is sleeping and I'm snuggling with my girl. My blessings are abundant. ; )

No comments:

Google