Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Making Friends with Powdered Milk


With the price of milk soaring I've been making sure that I always have some powdered milk mixed up in my refrigerator.

On the way to preschool this morning I had a lengthy discussion with my big girl about what kind of pie her Daddy liked best. We decided to call him and ask him and to my surprise he said chocolate cream pie. I was in luck because I knew I had enough ingredients in the pantry to scrounge up a pie for him.

I am not on friendly terms with making my own pie crusts so I decided to chop up some old Nilla Wafers that were going stale and make a cookie crust with melted butter.
Add some generic pudding mix and a packet of dream whip and voila: Jenny's version of Chocolate Cream Pie. The Halloween sprinkles are courtesy of big girl.


Oh, the blue flowered pot I bought this morning at a garage sale. 3.00 was a bit pricey but I really think I'll get a lot of use out of it. If all else fails I can use it bring someone flowers. It's holding our ingredients for pizza tonight.
After making my own pizza for the last few years I find I enjoy take out pizza less an less. Especially after considering how little I can make one for (3-4$ is the norm).

No comments:

Google