Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Works for me Wednesday-- Dishcloths

I am a big fan of the standard cheapo dishcloth. I use them for washing dishes and wiping dirty child faces. When they get old and ratty I dampen them to use on my swiffer mop with a squirt of cleaner. I also use them to clean my bathroom-- start with the door handles, then sink, then toilet and then sometimes the floor. After I am finished with one I've used to wash dishes or clean a face then I scan the floor to see if there are any sticky or dirty spots that could use a quick clean. Then I just toss it in the laundry.
It save me a lot of paper towels and I prefer the feel of cotton to paper when I'm cleaning anyway.







This is my boys freshly scrubbed sweet face.


**** I noticed after posting that Works for me Wednesday was about car care. I guess you could keep ratty dishcloths in your car to clean up spills.

2 comments:

SAHMmy Says said...

Love that your dishcloth package is adorned with the Target clearance sticker! I'll have to look for these tomorrow--even my ratty ones are too ratty for mopping--I use the really old ones for yucky jobs then toss them. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

Anonymous said...

Good idea. After my t-shirts get too worn out to even play soccer in, I tear them up and use them for car rags, too. I just toss a few under the driver's seat and use them to wipe down the interior if it gets dusty or to wipe the dipstick when I'm checking the oil.

Also, my friend posted a similar tip about using cloth napkins instead of paper: http://frugalize.blogspot.com/2007/08/simple-household-savings-tip.html. Cheaper and saves trees!

Google